Stephen M. Bosak, Jr.Associate
Stephen Bosak focuses his practice on commercial litigation, helping clients resolve complex disputes. He represents individuals, small companies, and large political subdivisions. Stephen counsels clients on litigation avoidance strategies that are compliant with state and federal laws.
He represents clients in the defense and prosecution of claims under federal regulations including:
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Title VII
- Additional federal and state employment and consumer-related laws
He also represents clients locked in environmental disputes, including rural water disputes under 7 U.S.C. § 1926(b). Stephen has extensive class action experience at both the federal and state level where he is well-versed in navigating the class certification process.
Stephen is an accomplished legal brief writer. He has successfully argued appeals at state appellate courts and authored winning briefs before the Sixth and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Stephen is recognized as a 2024 Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch" for commercial litigation.
J.D., magna cum laude, Cleveland State University – Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2014
B.A., magna cum laude, Washington & Jefferson College, 2011
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Stephen distills complicated issues into easily understood outcomes that are favorable to his clients. This ability and knowledge allows him to be successful at both the trial and appellate levels.