Ryan M. GembalaDirector
Ryan Gembala is a director of Dooley Gembala McLaughlin Pecora. Ryan has dedicated his practice to helping clients successfully navigate their legal issues. He has been protecting his clients’ interests for more than 15 years. Though able to take on a wide variety of cases and clients, Ryan has focused his practice on representing the needs of the food industry and public school districts. Within the food industry, he has handled matters arising under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act, the Packers and Stockyards Act, the Food Safety Modernization Act, and other statutes and regulations; as well as helping his food service clients navigate premises liability and related issues. Ryan has represented his clients in federal courts across the country as well as in administrative proceedings before the USDA.
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- U.S District Court, Northern District of New York
In his other practice area, he has helped school districts successfully navigate the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, and satisfy the needs of staff, students, and the communities they serve. Ryan has represented management in collective bargaining, handled labor grievances and arbitrations, addressed disciplinary matters, worked as an expulsion hearing officer, and generally guided school administrators and school boards. He is a regular speaker on school safety, special education, and legislative/legal updates impacting schools.
Besides these industries, Ryan has significant experience with general commercial matters, labor/employment issues, and conflict resolution. He has had the pleasure of representing a wide variety of clients, from Fortune 500 companies, to municipalities, to individuals. He believes that communication with clients is critical, and prides himself on timely returning client phone calls and messages. Ryan takes the time to understand his clients’ issues and objectives, and formulates a strategy to achieve positive results as efficiently as possible.
- B.S., Business Admin., The Ohio State University
- J.D., University of Toledo College of Law